Senior Virtualization Consultant
As a Unilogik Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of virtualization products and technologies. You will work closely with our sales team to architect solutions and prepare proposals which include the business and technical requirements and appropriate solution stating the delivery times and schedules for delivery of a consulting engagement. Projects could span from 1-week implementation engagements to larger multi-month engagements. The position requires the ability to execute projects independently and to implement high-quality technical solutions based on emerging and incumbent virtualization technologies for servers.
- Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware and Microsoft Virtual server product line
- Conduct pre-packaged Unilogik consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in the development of standard reusable virtualization “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware and Microsoft virtualization solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by our technical team
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer
- Ensure that propositions are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
- Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment
- 4+ years as a technical solutions architect in a consulting environment, including time supporting sales and managing technical staff and implementations.
- At least 3 years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Experience in a technical lead role for small- or medium-size teams
- Strong practical Unix or Linux systems administration skills
- Strong application software development for one or more of the Linux, Unix (e.g. Solaris), Windows NT and Windows 2000 operating systems. Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage
- Understanding of computer server architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
To be considered for this position please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting position “Van/Sen.VirtualConsult: Senior Virtualization Consultant” in the subject line.
questions, and for more information, please click here.
March 8, 2013 - Middleware is Dying — and for Good Reason
– Sacha Labourey, CEO of CloudBees, Network World March 08, 2013 This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network […]
March 6, 2013 - Yahoo’s Work-at-Home Policy Is the Right Decision
– Rich Hein, CIO March 06, 2013 Yahoo and Marissa Mayer dominated the IT news cycle last week when a […]
- Microsoft Retreats From Office 2013 Restrictive Licensing
– Gregg Keizer, Computerworld March 06, 2013 Microsoft today backpedaled from a sweeping change in its licensing for retail copies […]
- 35 Open Source and Free Tools to Manage Your Online Store
– Vangie Beal, CIO March 06, 2013 For most small office home office (SOHO) businesses and entrepreneurs, breaking into ecommerce […]
March 5, 2013 - After Sliderocket, Will VMware Sell Other Enterprise Collaboration Products?
– Juan Carlos Perez, IDG News Service (Miami Bureau) March 05, 2013 VMware, the virtualization specialist that has recently built […]