Senior RedHat Linux/OpenShift Consultant
Unilogik’s Consulting team is looking for an OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) team member to help lead adoption of Red Hat solutions with customers in Canada.
Since 1996, Unilogik Systems has worked with companies and government agencies across Canada to help design and implement highly-scalable and performance-oriented systems. As a Red Hat Premier Partner, Unilogik works with many of Canada’s largest enterprise clients to help them achieve their strategic goals.
About the Role
This role with include both hands on and remote work for clients, and you will also play a key part in bringing together cross-functional teams including Engineering, Support, Sales, and Services to meet the needs of our most demanding customers. We’ll need you to have a thorough working knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud architectures, their supporting infrastructures,including Linux, containers, and virtualization, and scripting languages likePython, Ruby, and Puppet. You’ll also need knowledge in either cloud networking(SDN) or storage (object and block) disciplines, as well as DevOps models and technologies.
Primary job responsibilities
- Implement enterprise solutions based on OpenShift by RedHat, integrating with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and similar Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies, as well as application development tools and software life cycle processes
- Create next-generation application platform automation solutions based around containers and container orchestration using technologies like RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Atomic, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Collaborate with project and client team members to meet timelines and goals
- Contribute to project documentation and diagrams,including quality assurance and ticket and bug management
- Mentor and transfer knowledge to clients
- Work with senior staff to increase adoption of automation techniques and DevOps processes to improve software delivery, including business-IT alignment, infrastructure and application up-time and availability,and time-to-market
- Design and advocate solutions using cloud technologies,design principles, integration points, and automation methods
- Standardize open source Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and DevOps solutions delivery in services playbooks and products
- Guide pre-sales conversations, discovery sessions, and solutions development around DevOps and application platform automation
- Technology experience, e.g. consulting, engineering, or application development
- Linux experience, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) or derivative (minimum 3 years)
- Platform scripting skills using Bash, Ruby, or Python(minimum 2 years)
- Ability to travel across Canada to meet with clients and complete projects for them
Please apply with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org